Elden ring played: 5 hours, 5 highlights, 5 surprises (spoiler free)

Before Elden Ring appears on February 25, I was able to explore the Zwischenland for five hours, without limiting it: Enough time to collect a lot of new impressions - but only a short trip in consideration of what the action RPG for PS4 / PS5, current Xbox consoles and PC everything holds ready for us. Because at the latest now I realize how much variety and surprises put in Elden Ring. Five points that have astonished or impressed me especially, I have written up for you - but do not worry: I renounce spoilers.

Technology and Build: Since the welcome session for Elden Ring took place on the PC via a cloudgaming client, we can not make any statements about the current technical condition, especially the console versions. In addition, it was - even if the entire game world was included - around a preview build of the game.

1. Restart with other classes

The differences to the first test run in November are already in the selection of the start characters in the eye. I can not only choose from ten instead of five classes, but also note that the builds out of the network test equipped with other weapons or even completely painted.

Changed classes: The very strong prophet for the first place was equipped with a stick and the mighty and far scattering beast magic attack. He made short process from the beginning with most enemies.

Meanwhile, the God's ambassador has switched to a spear whose frontal attacks can only spare only one opponent. In addition, the beast claw of a magic attack with a very small range has waxed, so I have to venture in the action of magic in the melee zone.

New exciting start classes: The builds feel a bit more balanced for me, although there are still characters that make the start easier. For example, I do with the astrologin, which has two good spells and a sword at hand, especially light. Sexy I also find the samurai, which draws directly with a bow and firearms in the field. Of course, he also leads to a melee weapon, but just as a archer, was not possible in the Dark Souls series and therefore feels completely fresh.

If you calculate after these first findings with other innovations, then you are perfectly correct: what in Item placement also has done something. For example, I bought the strong wolf spirits in the network test, for example, in the first minutes at the dealer, who can summon in the fight to support, so I am looking for them in vain in his offer.

Samara only collected with Dark Souls 3, ie the final of the series, own experiences with the games of fromSoftware. But sooner she had finally laid her first boss, there was no stopping anymore. It was followed not only more game runs, but also the previously published title. It is particularly pleased with her Bloodborne and Demon's Soul.

2. A lot to discover

After the exciting prelude, who still far more surprises for me, which I do not want to anticipate you, elden ring - at least during the five hours playing time - does not follow. As soon as I sit in the saddle of my spectral root, I leave the green spaces known from the network test behind me and dedicate myself to the adjacent areas of the huge Open World.

Everything invites you to explore: Many elements in the game world work for Souls veteran persists, like a passage about huge roots, but I really did not miss a variety in terms of landscape and enemies.

One of the highlights is an area for me, which is quick to reach quickly, but already stands out by its extreme red color scheme and also besides externally apart from that. Here I spare from green meadows directly into an area that it can easily pick up with the Grotesque areas from Bloodborne .

Discovering makes it really fun thanks to the new freedom of movement that enable the jumpwalked Ross and Jump Pads. If I was still stopped by curb edges earlier, I now overcome gorges that separate me from imposing structures.

In between, I sometimes bump on something career corners, but overall the world seems interesting and busy than in the network test. I meet unexpectedly many NPCs , who tell me about their fate, give me tips or me also ask me a favor and ghosts that lead me. Incidentally, the talks are clearer and understandable than in fromSoftware games before, but also here the hint: does not expect narration, such as in a Horizon Zero Dawn or the Game of Thrones Books by Martin.

3. The Dark Souls feeling greetings

Of course, not all the beings, I meet, just want to talk. Most just want to finish me - and that succeeds again and again. I asked myself in advance whether the classic Dark Souls feeling, ie the noticeable threat, occurs only in the legacy dungeon, so in the tubular areas. My preliminary answer is: Jein.

In fact, it happens in castles or caves more often that I suddenly attacked and surrounded. Nevertheless, I can sometimes wander out there through the new verticality of the paths and the more mobile character - even if my Ross Stormwind may only move in the open game world.

Conversely, the Dark Souls feeling occurs every now and then in the free field; Namely, when I'm straight - attracted by a shimmering item - in a trap and in a fire storm device or by a catapult shot. If I take too much damage, I fly out of the saddle and I flee too far, so I run the next danger to the arms.

Of course, however, I generally have the opportunity to tackle difficult points and opponents from different pages and to use scenic advantages or the surprise moment. The generously distributed graces (English: Graces, formerly beacon), so rest areas, help.

4. Tactical draft

The different directions from which I can approach opponents, but are just one of the aspects that influence my fighting. Elden Ring gives me a variety of tools to the hand, as the opportunity to call for fighting ghosts to me. So I can set myself tactically and set individually to opponents.

The Action RPG spurs me to be flexible and experimental and rewarded this. For example, at an opponent, I first assume that he is a magician, as my spells doing in a small damage and put me in melee. Later, I realize that he is extremely prone to magical attacks - if they meet from behind. This is easily possible if I distract him with summoned spirits, like the aforementioned wolves.

Summoning of ghosts Not always possible: A universal strategy is not, because in some places of the game I can not call ghosts for reinforcement. For this I can give myself an advantage with another great opponent by taking pictures around him.

Elden Ring - 5 hours of new Gameplay (PS5)

5. My new home

One of the best surprises is it for me when I - mentally still full in combat - suddenly in a central stroke, similar to the fire tape scrain land. This does not just look really good, remembers and exceeds not only the slightly barren fire tape scrub made of Dark Souls 3, but makes me curious with a very special area, as I know it from any other Souls Hub.

In addition, I am here equal from a whole row of twilight figures around, who want to talk to me. The suggestions raise many interesting questions and look forward to what the story of Elden Ring has still to offer. As the area looks like, you have to find out for the release on February 25 yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts